Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sydney White

This was the movie I chose to rent this weekend when my husband chose I am Legend. I expected a run-of-the-mill romantic comedy and was delighted to find that it was different than I expected. First of all it stars Amanda Bynes, who in my opinion, is a funny, talented actor. It is a modern day Snow White story where she is a tomboy who goes off to college and wants to join her mother's sorority (mom died when she was 9). Because she is a tomboy she doesn't fit in and gets laughed out of the sorority and is homeless. This is where the 7 dorks take her into their house, The Vortex. The dorks are hilarious and the prince is very charming. They do an ingenious job at putting in details from the fairy tale, like the poison apple and the mirror. I give this movie an A- as well. Fun for all to watch, even guys who will have a fun time laughing at the dorks!

No comments: